Why Do I Need a REALTOR®? – Sellers Edition
This is a question that people frequently ask themselves...
So why do I need a REALTOR®?
This question has two sets of solid answers. One answer is for the Buyers out there. The other answer, for another set of reasons, is for the Sellers reading this article.
If you are looking to Sell read below to learn why you should work with Deb & Drew, and when you are ready give us a call:
Lets start with the Sellers
Sellers are more likely than buyers to be hesitant to start working with a REALTOR®.
Many Sellers think to themselves, 'I know this house better than anyone', 'I know this neighborhood inside and out', 'I can take decent pictures and put a sign in my yard...'
The list goes on! And we won't argue, you're not wrong!
You do know the house better than anyone, and a great REALTOR® will be sure to tap that knowledge to help your house sell for the best price possible.
Further, you may in fact know the neighborhood better than your REALTOR®... We concede that fact as well. What Deb & Drew, REALTORS® bring to the table is providing you with a full rundown of all the past sales, days on market, and countless other hard hitting figures that help you list your house in the best light possible. This is information the general public does not have.
And while we are on the topic, while we are certain you can take nice pictures, Deb & Drew REALTORS® always provide high quality professional photos for our Client's properties. The difference is staggering.
Buyers are turned off by anything less, so we make the commitment to you that we will provide the best advertising for your home possible!
Why pay a REALTOR® that much?
We understand that you may be curious about the compensation you are going to be providing your REALTOR® in exchange for their services.
Heck, you could just sell it yourself and put that money in your own pocket.
We understand that sentiment. But... there are a few great reasons to use a REALTOR® to sell your home. Even if it costs you a little to do so.
- Buyers are certain to be using a REALTOR®, so you will be up against a seasoned professional who has more experience and facts to back up their negotiations.
- A small percentage of the sales price is not too much if you sell your house for less than it is truly worth, or price it too high for the market and have to pay the mortgage while it sits empty.
- Advertising - Sure, you could put a small For Sale By Owner sign out and list your home on Craigslist and few other sites, but you are busy! Let a REALTOR® put out a professional sign and put amazing photos on 100 sites.
- Most REALTORS®, and our team especially, have a network of individuals that are constantly looking for investment properties. Do you?
That last one is scary! Let's take a look at that!
Liability in Real Estate
So you can be sued for selling a home? You betcha! It happens more often than you think.
Here are a few things to consider:
- What is included in the sale?
- What information do I need to disclose?
- How to I properly disclose that information?
- What form do I use to sell non-realty items?
- What are non-realty items?
- Do I need a survey?
- Who pays for the survey if I don't have one?
- What form do I include with my existing survey?
- What is the Seller's Disclosure?
- How do I know I am filling you the Seller's Disclosure properly?
- What is Earnest money?
- What is Option money?
- What is an Option period?
- What Title Company do I use?
- What does the Title Company do?
- Who pays for the appraisal?
- Who pays for the inspection?
- When does the inspection take place?
- Are the inspectors allowed to pressure test my pipes?
- Can the Buyer back out?
- Can I back out?
- Am I legally liable for anything?
- What if the property needs some repairs?
- What happens if the A/C goes out halfway through the deal?
- and on and on and on...
Your REALTOR® will know the answers to these questions.
The peace of mind along is worth every penny!
Did you know...
The Seller's Disclosure is the greatest source of Real Estate litigation in Texas!
Wouldn't you feel more comfortable with a little guidance?
Something as small as listing too many garage door openers can land you in a heap of trouble.
This graphic is helpful in understanding the benefits a REALTOR® can provide:
Ten great reasons to work with a REALTOR®!
- You will net 25% more
- You are wasting you time, most sellers eventually seek help
- Most buyers are using a professional so you will likely be outmatched at the negotiating table
- We do this every day, we can anticipate and avoid problems
- Professionals work hard to ensure that only other REALTORS® and real estate professionals have access to your house
- REALTORS® know other REALTORS® with buyers and they know investors
- We do this every day, we are good at it
- We know how to price your property to ensure you get the most value
- REALTORS® study how to best advertise and market your property
- REALTORS® act as a calming force during a transaction to help keep your priorities in mind